Join us in championing better family eldercare.
Keen to champion better family eldercare?
At St Joseph’s Home, our work is not just about making sure our residents get their three meals and one shower a day. It’s also about meeting their psychological, social and spiritual needs, regardless of their health status and physical ability. This means focusing on them as whole persons and not just their body parts. It also means coming together as a team to care for and support our residents and one another.
In short, we’re like family.
Work is thus not routine or mundane but challenging, inspiring and at times humorous. Sure, it can get a little tough sometimes. But as with all families, we work through the difficult moments and emerge stronger. No matter what role you play, you’re never too small or unimportant to make a difference. Because it’s not just better care we’re championing, but better family care that comes from the heart.
For our employees, we strive to offer a compensation package that’s as competitive as organisations within and outside the eldercare sector. Because we focus on indicators such as care outcomes, resident satisfaction and safety, you can expect to derive greater meaning and purpose from your role no matter what it is.
(1) Staff Nurse
Caregiving is tough no matter if you’re a formal (junior nurse) or informal (family member) caregiver. That’s why the role of the staff nurse is so crucial to ensuring that caregivers receive the support they need. Your role will be to nurture the next generation of caregivers so that they can in turn care for their charges / loved ones without themselves losing steam or feeling lost.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and Director of Nursing, the Staff Nurse is responsible for:
– Supervising junior nurses with hands-on clinical experience
– Diploma in Nursing, Singapore Nursing Board-registered and with valid practising certificate
– 2 – 3 years nursing experience
(2) Enrolled Nurse
The enrolled nurse provides crucial support to the staff nurses in clinical matters and also sees to resident care to ensure they get the care according to their needs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Staff Nurse, the Enrolled Nurse is responsible for:
– Assisting the Staff Nurse in supervisory and clinical work
– NITEC in nursing, Singapore Nursing Board-registered and with a valid practising certificate
– 1 year nursing experience
(3) Resident Care Assistants
For many of our residents, activities of daily living such as going to the toilet or taking a shower pose a challenge. This is where the resident care assistant comes in to provide that pivotal support so that residents can continue living their lives. While supporting our residents is also part of the role of the other staff, it is the RCAs who act as that all important bridge to bring our residents closer to the feeling of being able to lead a normal life.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
– Assist residents with their activities of daily living such as eating, showering and provide other services to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents.
– Assist nursing staff to administer basic procedures related to resident care and despatching duties
– On-the-job training will be provided
– NITEC / N level
For all the above roles, the following are also required:
– You need to be a patient person with seniors and are passionate about championing better eldercare
– You’re equally at home with working in a team as you are on your own
– You understand the need to care not only for the physical health of our residents but of their emotional health and general well-being
To apply, kindly email us at email@example.com or call the HR department at 6268 0482 to schedule a phone chat.